Dispersion Operation Supervisor (m/f/d)
Title: Dispersion Production Supervisor
Overview: The Dispersion Production Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of Dispersion production.
Exemption: Non-Exempt; Hourly
Education: A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 5-10 years of related experience, preferably in the manufacturing sector. Knowledge of chemical mixing is a plus. Must be able to read and write in English. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Qualifications: Safety-conscious individual focused on ensuring process and product quality. Strong attention to detail. Good communication skills. Have the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment. Focused team player. Person must be able to coordinate multiple processes simultaneously.
Reports To: VP of Manufacturing, Dispersion Plant
Direct Reports: Dispersion Operators
- Safety First:
- Always observe and follow Health and Safety practices and regulations.
- Wear and maintain proper PPE as required.
- Participate in safety programs and training as assigned or as volunteered.
- Maintain safety awareness and identify opportunities to be safer.
- Enforce all EHS policies.
- Quality & Customer Focus:
- Participate and promote company’s Quality Policy and Objectives
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve through use of the Corrective Action system
- Job Duties:
- Manages day-to-day operations of the dispersion plant, including supervision of the production operators, and is responsible for overall quality and timeliness of product delivery.
- Drives actions that support site goals related to cost, on-time-delivery and employee engagement.
- Maintains control of production, quality, costs, and inventories to meet sales and budget requirements.
- Monitors the production process to conform to the production schedule.
- Understand the operation of all machinery used in the production process to be able to guide and assist the operators.
- Communicate with the other shifts at turnover to cover the status of batches in progress, the schedule going forward, wastewater treatment, and any other information needed for maintaining a smooth operation.
- Complete all shift documentation including the Daily Turnover Sheet, EHS inspection requirements, Air Pollution Control documents, Wastewater Treatment operating logs, etc.
- Ensure that all operations conform to environmental, health, safety, security and housekeeping regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Ensure the proper operation of the wastewater treatment process.
- Performs managerial functions including performance management, training and development opportunities for subordinates. Effectively collaborates with HR when performance issues arise.
- Documents activities related to the production department accurately and according to established protocols.
- Develops, implements and maintains operating procedures that ensure efficient production operations and meet the requirements of the plant ISO system.
- Participates in plant audits and ensures Corrective Action Reports are drafted and completed in appropriate time frames.
- Leads the 5S program in the production areas of the plant and participates in 5S projects in other areas of the organization.
- Leads or participates in investigations related to production activities with adverse product impact or resulting in customer complaints. Form conclusions and makes recommendations and implements process improvements/corrective actions on time and documents according to established procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Frequent physical demands: Include ability to: Sit, Walk, Talk, See, Hear, Stand, Climb (i.e. stairs), Carry objects, Push/Pull, Twist and Bend, Reach forward, Reach overhead, Squat, fine motor skills/activities, Wrist position deviation, read and write in English.
Occasional physical demands:
- Lifting Floor to Waist: 70 lbs.
- Lifting Waist Level and Above: 70 lbs
- All candidates will be required to take a physical and drug test prior to hire
- All new employees will be required to complete the necessary ISO training within 30 days of hire
- All Lab, Production and Warehouse personnel will be required to obtain annual clearance of Respirator Fit Testing, Pulmonary Function Testing, and an Audiogram
Mode: Full Time
Country: United States
City: Fairless Hills